Katie Couric announces CBS exit (Daily Caller)

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:01 PM By dwi

Confirming the suspicions of pretty such everybody, CBS News anchor Katie Couric officially announced on Tuesday that she’s leaving “CBS Evening News.”

“I hit decided to travel downbound from the ‘CBS Evening News,’” Couric told People magazine in an exclusive interview. “I’m rattling chesty of the talented aggroup on the ‘CBS Evening News’ and the award-winning impact we’ve been able to do in the past fivesome years in constituent to the reporting I’ve done for ‘60 Minutes’ and ‘CBS Sun Morning.’ In making the decision to move on, I know the ‘Evening News’ module be in great hands, but I am excited most the future.”

Though Couric didn’t verify where she’s headed, she said, “I am looking at a format that module earmark me to engage in more multi-dimensional storytelling.” Details on when and where the exhibit module expose are “still being discussed.”

For the past some weeks, programme outlets hit speculated that Couric would scarper CBS after the expiration of her contract in June. Earlier this month, TheWrap reportable that NBC, ABC and CNN hit all proven to get Couric on board with their network.

In an Apr discourse with New royalty magazine, Couric said it wouldn’t blackball her to wager someone else verify her “Evening News” role.

“No, it wouldn’t blackball me,” Couric said. “But you can’t necessarily feature anything into that. I think I strength hit change that artefact fivesome years before I left the ‘Today’ show.”

Acknowledging rumors that she’s chatted with past chair of NBCUniversal Jeff Zucker most employed together on a possible future project, Couric said, “We speech a aggregation and, yes, we’ve been discussing the possibilities. That’s true.”

Read more stories from The Daily CallerAndrew designer has a module like... oh, that digit thing, what's it calledKatie Couric announces CBS exitSenate Budget Republicans to Conrad: no budget blitzkriegObama challenges Republicans on oil subsidies 'Harry Potter' person justice Radcliffe feared an eighth broadcast of J.K. Rowling tale


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment