My Attendance and Experience at the Augusta, Ga., Tea Party Tax Rally (ContributorNetwork)

Sunday, April 17, 2011 11:01 AM By dwi

On Friday, I attended a repast band set feat at Jessye Frenchwoman Amphitheater in Augusta, Ga. Although I'm more of a libertarian than a repast band member, I've been an avid admirer of set reform for some years and hit lived in the metropolis Atlantic for most of my life. My welfare in the feat was primarily to support the FairTax movement.

The feat was my first repast party-affiliated protest, but I've attended kindred set reform rallies. I felt the feat was small than others I've attended. A some years ago, I attended a feat in Savannah, which had thousands in attendance. The metropolis Chronicle reported exclusive a some cardinal attended the feat Friday.

Perhaps it was the scene or maybe grouping are simply too uninterested most change. However, I cannot blessed them. For years, we hit fought for immunity and for our right to petition the polity for a redress of grievances. For years, we hit been denied.

When I arrived at the feat site, I detected the scene didn't quite seem right for the event. It was more reproval hall than oppose grounds. The familiar attendees were there: speech radio personalities, modify of world scenarioists, constitutionalists. Of course, the pleasant thing most much rallies is lettered that you aren't the exclusive one who believes in freedom. Freedom from polity tyranny, immunity from an income set that enslaves us all, immunity from a set farther greater than that which our founding fathers opposed.

At the feat they crosspiece of the ontogeny domestic debt and seemed to speech down to the crowd somewhat. South Carolina Rep. Bill Taylor of author talked most his land take clean set legislation, which would simplify set collection and set expenditures more fairly. His offering was new and would certainly be better for South Carolina than the current system. Other speakers threw out the usual cliches: taxes pay for humane society, taxes make more liars than golf, consciousness employ income set woes, liberty or death, today or never.

The feat wasn't meet most taxes, but that's every I cared about. The arguments for better schools, land rights and Second Amendment concerns are every essential issues, but every I conceive most on Apr 15 is the frugalness and taxes. Most of the grouping I crosspiece to were concerned most pedal prices, the cost of milk, and baritone wages.

Wages in the metropolis Atlantic hit never been good and there aren't some jobs available either. Even with a correct education, the employ market is a joke. I attained a master's honor in manlike resources and a bachelor's honor in psychology, but still struggled to find a decent stipendiary position locally. With experience in sales, marketing, and manlike resources, I finally opted to rely on better paying, brief constituent lessen work. However, I've institute myself erst again asking the continuance of education, activity that is funded primarily through our taxes.


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment